Many communities around the world are incorporating the idea of custom-built new homes into neighborhoods. Designing and building a custom built new home can be an extremely rewarding experience, but custom built homes can sometimes be feared. Especially since 32% of people who are looking to buy a home are first time home buyers and might be hesitant to go custom for their first home. Popular myths about choosing a custom built new home make people hesitant to choose a custom design for their new home. Here, we’ll debunk these myths and prove custom built is the way to go for your new home.
- Custom built homes cost way more than other homes. Often times, people hear “custom” and automatically think “expensive”. They also dear that once they start the project, they will have to pay for many additional expenses throughout the project, leaving the final prices way more expensive than they originally planned. However, custom built home companies will help customers select their own products they want to put into the overall budget. This allows total transparency and no hidden expenses.
- Custom-built homes take too long to build. Another fear people have about custom built homes is that they take too long to build and end up going way past the intended schedule. In actuality, like regular homes, the custom built home building process should be outlined and really take only a few months to be completed. This small time investment is worth the wait to have a home tailored to the homeowner’s lifestyle and desires.
- Communication with custom built home companies is not effective. Like with any construction project, effective communication depends on which company you choose. Most custom built home companies are extra involved in communicating with customers because they want to ensure that they get exactly what they want out of their home. They often walk the customer through every step of the process and handle any issues that may arise quickly and efficiently.
- Building a custom home is just too complex. Along with the fear of expenses, many people may also fear that choosing to new custom homes will simply be too complicated. Whether it’s the finding the right design or selecting the right materials, people think the entire process will be too overwhelming. In reality, custom built homes can actually be quite simple. Working with an experienced contractor will provide you plenty of guidance and advice along the way. This will ensure you understand the process and are aware of any options you can choose from.
It’s important to be aware of these myths, and the truth behind them, because going custom for your new home is an excellent idea. You not only get to have a say in every aspect of your home, but you and your family will have a home made just for you for years to come.
Homeownership is an exciting thing, but finding the best home for you and your family can be difficult. According to Zillow, nearly half (48%) of individuals want a home that has never been lived in. New homes can be difficult to find, however, and that’s why some potential home buyers turn their attention to building their own.
Custom built homes have many benefits compared to pre-built ones. You get to design it to fit your needs and wants, ensuring that you have the perfect home for you. However, these new custom homes also have a lot of risks, especially if you don’t know what you’re doing. To help you build your new luxury home with as few mistakes as possible, we’ve found a few of the more common blunders made by homeowners:
Thinking Only In The Short Term
For a lot of homeowners, new custom homes are their dream. They don’t plan on leaving until they’re dead and gone. However, there are some issues with that level of thinking. You need to prepare for the future if you’re going to live there forever. Reduced mobility is the price of age, after all. Take these things into consideration when you’re building your new home. Having a spare bedroom on the first floor to move into when you’re older, for example, can be a smart choice.
Just because you have a warranty from the contractor that helped you build your new home doesn’t mean you should skip the inspection. You should have a third-party inspector come in and look through your new space before you move in. If you avoid this step, small problems might slip past you and turn into a disaster later.
Not Thinking About Ducts
Ductwork is one of the most neglected aspects of a home. You want to make sure that you have the highest quality sealing and insulation on these systems. It will help you save money on energy in the warmer or cooler months, as well as give you a better and more efficient HVAC system. Don’t make the mistake of overlooking these systems when building.
New custom homes can be a thrilling thing to invest in, but you can’t afford to make mistakes when building them. They’re going to be where you live for a long time if everything goes well. Make sure you do your research and cover all your bases during construction.
When you start to think about buying a home, whether it’s your first or fifth, you can be bombarded with overwhelming choices. On top of having a plethora of homes to look at, it can be difficult to find a house that has everything you want. Building a custom home can be an easy way to make sure you get everything you want out of your home. Not only do you get exactly what you want, but there are also many benefits to building a custom home. Read below to find out some of the top benefits of going with a custom built home.
- You can design the floor plan yourself. Do you want a big, open floor plan, but could never find a house that had one? Well, with custom built homes, you can have whatever floor plan you desire. Privacy is also another factor to consider — you can choose to have your home facing the direction that allows for as much privacy as you’d like. You’ll have many floor plan options, especially when choosing a luxury homes neighborhood.
- New custom homes can come with the most updated energy-efficient technology. With things like windows, insulation, and solar energy, you will have the ability to update your home with the latest technology, which is becoming more and more important to home buyers. In fact, 48% of home buyers interested in brand new homes have “energy-efficiency” at the top of their desired features list.
- Custom built homes also allow homeowners to choose the most updated, efficient appliances. Without having to worry about who lived in the house before you, you will have the opportunity to pick out the features that will be most beneficial to you and your family.
- It may seem like custom built homes cost more, but in fact, they may actually save you money in the long run. If you choose to move into an older home, you will have to put money into it for upgrades, maintenance, and additions to make it into your dream home. It can be difficult to compare luxury estate homes to older homes, since custom homes are often more spacious and modern.
- The ability to build your dream home is priceless. You get to be a part of every step of the design process, from the floor plan to the building materials. The end product will be something you can be proud of and a place you can truly call your own.
Since you’re hopefully going to be staying in your next home for a long time, it’s important that you get what you want. Do you want to spend years renovating an old house to get it up to your standards? Why not just start from scratch and ensure you have your perfect home right from the start.
To start planning your dream home, contact local building companies for information on a custom home in Princeton NJ today.